4 hrs 25 mins
Chef Kate's Note:
The sweet-spicy blend of apricots and tarragon is perfect in this simple sauce for grilled or broiled lamb from chef Gerry Galvin, whom some call the father of modern Irish cooking. From Kinsale, County Cork, where he nudged the town into gourmet greatness, to Moycullen, County Galway, where he relocated to Drimcong House, Galvin's name and reputation are legendary.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2/3 cup dried apricot, finely chopped
- 2 cups unsalted chicken stock, preferably homemade
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon, minced
- 2 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon hot Thai curry paste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lbs lamb cutlets (12) or 2 lbs pork loin chops (12)
- fresh tarragon sprig (to garnish)
- 1Soak the apricots in the stock with the minced tarragon for 3 to 4 hours.
- 2Transfer the apricot mixture to a food processor.
- 3Add 1 teaspoon of the honey, the lemon juice, salt, and pepper, and process until smooth.
- 4Pour into a small saucepan and cook over medium heat for 1 to 2 minutes, or until heated through.
- 5Light a fire in a charcoal grill or preheat a gas grill to medium-high or pre-heat the broiler or counter top grill.
- 6Combine the remaining honey, curry paste, and olive oil in a small bowl.
- 7Brush the mixture over both sides of the lamb cutlets.
- 8Season with salt and pepper. Grill the lamb for 3 minutes on each side for rare and 5 minutes on each side for medium.
- 9To serve, arrange 3 cutlets on each serving plate and spoon the sauce over.
- 10Garnish with tarragon sprigs.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lamb Cutlets With Honey, Apricots and Tarragon
Serving Size: 1 (166 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 178.7
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 40.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 22.5 g
- Protein 3.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Thai curry paste