Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
I love lamb. I love spinach. I love coconut. I love bananas. I never thought I would have them in 1 dish.
- 1⁄2 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 lamb cutlets, Frenched
- sea salt
- ground pepper
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon mild curry powder
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 5 cups tomatoes (canned or fresh)
- 1 banana, diagonally sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- 4 cups cooked brown rice, to serve
- Heat the oil in a deep frying pan over a medium-high heat. Season the lamb with salt and pepper. In batches, cook the lamb for 1 minute each side or until golden. Set aside.
- Add the onion and garlic to the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes or until golden. Add the turmeric, cumin, curry powder and ginger and cook, stirring for 30 seconds until aromatic. Return the lamb to the pan along with the tomatoes and 1 cup of water. Reduce the heat to low and simmer very gently for 20-25 minutes or until lamb is tender. Season with salt and pepper.
- Combine the banana and lemon juice. Place the coconut on a plate. Toss the banana in the coconut to coat.
- Stir the spinach into the curry. Serve with the coconut bananas and brown rice.