1 hr 48 mins
1 hr 18 mins
This is a recipe that my DD learned to make in ACCC culinary school. I have not tried it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 4 -6 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion (large, finely chopped)
- 3 green onions (green tops chopped)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 6 celery leaves (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon thyme (fresh, chopped)
- 1/4 green bell pepper (finely chopped)
- 1/4 red bell pepper (finely chopped)
- 2 lbs lamb (cubed)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper (ground)
- 3/4 cup lamb stock
- 1 medium yam (peeled and cubed)
- 1Combine curry powder with water to form a paste.
- 2Heat oil in dutch oven, season lamb with salt & pepper and sear for 2-3 minutes.
- 3Remove lamb from from Dutch oven and reserve.
- 4Add to Dutch oven and saute onions for 8 minutes on medium low heat or until caramelized.
- 5Add garlic and cook for 1 minute more.
- 6Add bell peppers, celery leaves, thyme, curry paste and mix thoroughly.
- 7Saute for 4 more minutes stirring frequently.
- 8Add tomato paste and cook for 2 minutes.
- 9Add lamb stock and bring to a simmer, stew until fork tender about an hour.
- 10Stir stew frequently during entire cooking time.
- 11Set timer for 30 minutes, and add the yams and cook for another 30 minutes or until yams and lamb are tender.
- 12Serve on or with couscous. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lamb Curry With Yams
Serving Size: 1 (283 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 537.3
- Calories from Fat 298
- Total Fat 33.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.7 g
- Cholesterol 120.0 mg
- Sodium 261.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 34.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: