Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 18 mins
This is a recipe that my DD learned to make in ACCC culinary school. I have not tried it.
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 4 -6 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion (large, finely chopped)
- 3 green onions (green tops chopped)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 6 celery leaves (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon thyme (fresh, chopped)
- 1⁄4 green bell pepper (finely chopped)
- 1⁄4 red bell pepper (finely chopped)
- 2 lbs lamb (cubed)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper (ground)
- 3⁄4 cup lamb stock
- 1 medium yam (peeled and cubed)
- Combine curry powder with water to form a paste.
- Heat oil in dutch oven, season lamb with salt & pepper and sear for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove lamb from from Dutch oven and reserve.
- Add to Dutch oven and saute onions for 8 minutes on medium low heat or until caramelized.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 minute more.
- Add bell peppers, celery leaves, thyme, curry paste and mix thoroughly.
- Saute for 4 more minutes stirring frequently.
- Add tomato paste and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add lamb stock and bring to a simmer, stew until fork tender about an hour.
- Stir stew frequently during entire cooking time.
- Set timer for 30 minutes, and add the yams and cook for another 30 minutes or until yams and lamb are tender.
- Serve on or with couscous. Enjoy!