Recipe by socholy
An excellent way to use up leftover roast leg of lamb! You can add more curry powder to taste!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teasponn sugar
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 cups chicken broth or 2 cups beef broth, heated
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 3 1⁄2 cups cubed cooked lamb
Directions See How It's Made
- In a pan put oilive oil; add onions.
- Sir in flour, sugar, curry powder, broth and celery. Cook and stir until thick (you can vary the amount of flour/broth to suit your taste).
- Add lamb.
- Simmer --try not to let the onions and celery become mushy.
- Just before serving, I add white raisins and dried McIntosh apples. They add another layer of flavor and a chrispy texture. You may want to serve with a long grain wild rice. Also side dishes of crushed salted peanuts, chopped green pepper, chopped egg whites, crumbled cooked egg yolks, or toasted coconut flakes to be sprinkled on top!