Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 30 mins
As simple as it gets and absolutely delicious. This tastes very authentic. It is important to use a heavy pan because it is far better to simmer this on the stove top so that the sauce thickens nicely.
- quickly fry the lamb in half of the the oil until browned and set aside.
- gently brown the onions in the rest of the oil until transparent.
- return the lamb to the pan with the onions.
- add the curry paste and fry for a minute or two.
- Add the tin of tomatoes and the 300ml of water.
- Simmer on the stove top for approximately 1 1/2 hours, or until the sauce is thickened and the lamb is tender.
- Just before serving add the finely chopped coriander and the garam masala.
- Add salt and pepper if necessary.
Have you ever woken up and one minute youâ€™re quietly planning the day ahead when the next it turns into a whirlwind of activity? Well, thatâ€™s the sort of day yesterday turned out to be. By mid-afternoon I knew I wasnâ€™t going to have much time to cook, so looking in the fridge for something to put together quickly, I saw diced lamb then crossed my fingers that Iâ€™d find something on â€™zaar. Your recipe was just the ticket as the other ingredients are always in my cupboards. By dinner time everyone was tired and ravishing and lamb curry was the pick-me-up we all needed after such a busy day. So having toasted you wizkid for the recipe, the following praise is all theirs â€œdeliciousâ€¦ exoticâ€¦ comfort foodâ€¦ scrumptiousâ€?. It was all of those and a blessing in being so quick to make; who could ask for more! Thanks a million, Pippa.