Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 30 mins
As simple as it gets and absolutely delicious. This tastes very authentic. It is important to use a heavy pan because it is far better to simmer this on the stove top so that the sauce thickens nicely.
- quickly fry the lamb in half of the the oil until browned and set aside.
- gently brown the onions in the rest of the oil until transparent.
- return the lamb to the pan with the onions.
- add the curry paste and fry for a minute or two.
- Add the tin of tomatoes and the 300ml of water.
- Simmer on the stove top for approximately 1 1/2 hours, or until the sauce is thickened and the lamb is tender.
- Just before serving add the finely chopped coriander and the garam masala.
- Add salt and pepper if necessary.