1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
As simple as it gets and absolutely delicious. This tastes very authentic. It is important to use a heavy pan because it is far better to simmer this on the stove top so that the sauce thickens nicely.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1quickly fry the lamb in half of the the oil until browned and set aside.
- 2gently brown the onions in the rest of the oil until transparent.
- 3return the lamb to the pan with the onions.
- 4add the curry paste and fry for a minute or two.
- 5Add the tin of tomatoes and the 300ml of water.
- 6Simmer on the stove top for approximately 1 1/2 hours, or until the sauce is thickened and the lamb is tender.
- 7Just before serving add the finely chopped coriander and the garam masala.
- 8Add salt and pepper if necessary.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lamb Curry
Serving Size: 1 (345 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 442.4
- Calories from Fat 271
- Total Fat 30.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.4 g
- Cholesterol 122.4 mg
- Sodium 256.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 33.7 g