Prep 2 hrs 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
From "The Joy of Grilling". Lamb is a popular meat for skewering, and this marinade is deliciously tangy. The lamb sirloin costs a few cents more, but worth it. Prep time includes marinating time.
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 lbs lamb sirloin, cut into 1 1/4 inch cubes
- Combine all ingredients except the meat in a medium bowl.
- Place the meat in a shallow glass or ceramic dish in one layer.
- Pour marinade over and turn meat to coat well.
- Marinate at room temperature for at least 2 hours.
- Drain meat.
- Thread on 6 skewers and grill 10 to 12 minutes, turning to cook all sides.
Wonderful blend of flavors. I did the recipe as a casserole instead of doing kabobs. I used Lamb shoulder cubed and all fat removed. cooked in 375 oven covered for 30 minutes, uncovered for 15 minutes. Excellent recipe, next time I will use sirloin. I left all the matinade on the lamb while cooking Thanks for a great meal Miss Annie
I used a little more crushed garlic, omitted the mustard seed and added fresh mint instead, as well as adding some Kosher salt. I let it marinate overnight. I used different pieces of lamb instead of the boneless cubes. It was excellent on the grill. The wonderful blend of flavors was subtle and added to the flavor, didn't overwhelm.