Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a quick & tasty recipe for lamb chops. It is very simple to put together & relatively healthy as the chops are grilled (broiled).
- 800 g maris piper potatoes or 800 g king edward potatoes, cut into even sized pieces
- 1⁄2 savoy cabbage, thinly shredded
- 25 g butter
- 4 spring onions, trimmed & thinly sliced
- 8 lamb chops
- 100 ml milk
- 1 tablespoon coarse grain mustard
- 500 g lamb gravy, heated through
- salt & pepper
- Cook th epotatoes in simmering, lightly salted water for 8-10 minutes until tender. Cook the shredded cabbage in lightly salted noiling water for 5 minutes & drain well. Meanwhile, melt the butter in a separate pan & cook the spring onions for 2-3 minutes then set aside.
- Grill the lamb chops for 5-6 minutes on each side - depending on thickness & how you like them.
- Drain the potatoes & return to the pan. Stand over a very low heat for a few minutes to dry off any excess moisture - take care not to burn them.
- Add the milk & heat until hot. Add the mustard & season to taste. Mash well, then stir in the spring onions & cabbage.
- Serve immediately withthe chops & hot gravy.