1 hr 25 mins
Lamb and Rosemary - a perfect combination. And this dish never fails to please the meat-lovers! Please do not be put off by the amount of garlic.. roasting whole garlic cloves with the skin on.. it's a whole new flavour.. its got more of a sweetness to it rather than the usual pungency. Serve the garlic clove alongside the chops, squeeze the pulp out of the skin and spread over the meat...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pre-heat the oven to gas mark 7/425°F/220°C.
- 2Pat dry the lamb chops and place them onto an oiled tray.
- 3Season the lamb with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle half of the chopped herbs and give it all a good toss.
- 4Pop the tray on the middle shelf of the oven for about 10-15 minutes, till you prepare the vegetables.
- 5To prepare the vegetables - peel and chop the carrots and parsnips in half lengthways.
- 6Peel and chop the potatoes in half lengthways and then cut each half into 4 wedges.
- 7With the onions, peel the skin off but do not slice them. Make cuts not all the way down to the roots but about 3/4 way - make cuts into eighths so what you have are onions slightly opened up like water lilies.
- 8Leave the garlic cloves whole with their skin on.
- 9Put all the chopped vegetables, onions and garlic cloves in a bowl.
- 10Add in the rest of the chopped herbs, season with salt and pepper and sprinkle in the oil and toss them well.
- 11Remove the chops from the oven, arrange the vegetables all around the meat and return the tray to high shelf of the oven and cook for a further 35 minutes or until both the meat and vegetables are tender.
- 12Remove them from the oven and cover the tray with foil to allow the meat to rest for about 20 minutes.
- 13Transfer the chops and vegetables onto a serving plate.
- 14Scrape and pour the remaining juices from the tray into a saucepan.
- 15Pour in the stock and let it simmer and bubble over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- 16Pour the gravy into a jug and serve along with the lamb chops and vegetables.
Browse Our Top For 1 Or 2 Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lamb Chops With Roasted Vegetables
Serving Size: 1 (510 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1392.3
- Calories from Fat 930
- Total Fat 103.4 g
- Saturated Fat 37.4 g
- Cholesterol 210.9 mg
- Sodium 198.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.2 g
- Sugars 11.6 g
- Protein 53.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: