Recipe by Aaliyah's&Aaron'sMum
Lamb and Rosemary - a perfect combination. And this dish never fails to please the meat-lovers! Please do not be put off by the amount of garlic.. roasting whole garlic cloves with the skin on.. it's a whole new flavour.. its got more of a sweetness to it rather than the usual pungency. Serve the garlic clove alongside the chops, squeeze the pulp out of the skin and spread over the meat...
- 6 -8 lamb chops, excess fat trimmed
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 4 baby carrots
- 2 parsnips
- 2 potatoes
- 6 -8 garlic cloves, whole with skin on
- 6 small onions (but not shallots)
- 4 -6 tablespoons olive oil
- 150 ml stock
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat the oven to gas mark 7/425°F/220°C.
- Pat dry the lamb chops and place them onto an oiled tray.
- Season the lamb with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle half of the chopped herbs and give it all a good toss.
- Pop the tray on the middle shelf of the oven for about 10-15 minutes, till you prepare the vegetables.
- To prepare the vegetables - peel and chop the carrots and parsnips in half lengthways.
- Peel and chop the potatoes in half lengthways and then cut each half into 4 wedges.
- With the onions, peel the skin off but do not slice them. Make cuts not all the way down to the roots but about 3/4 way - make cuts into eighths so what you have are onions slightly opened up like water lilies.
- Leave the garlic cloves whole with their skin on.
- Put all the chopped vegetables, onions and garlic cloves in a bowl.
- Add in the rest of the chopped herbs, season with salt and pepper and sprinkle in the oil and toss them well.
- Remove the chops from the oven, arrange the vegetables all around the meat and return the tray to high shelf of the oven and cook for a further 35 minutes or until both the meat and vegetables are tender.
- Remove them from the oven and cover the tray with foil to allow the meat to rest for about 20 minutes.
- Transfer the chops and vegetables onto a serving plate.
- Scrape and pour the remaining juices from the tray into a saucepan.
- Pour in the stock and let it simmer and bubble over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Pour the gravy into a jug and serve along with the lamb chops and vegetables.