1/2 Photos of Lamb Chops With Red Wine and Rosemary Sauce
Expat in Holland's Note:
This recipe for this dish is one that I received a while back, in one of my cooking classes on American Bistro. I have since changed and added some ingredients to suit my taste. It is a lovely dish, that is fairly quick, easy to make and very tasty. Most ingredients are ones you may have on hand. The sauce is a lovely compliment to the lamb. Served with a side of wild rice and a green salad or veggie, it is a perfect dinner.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 lamb chops, fat trimmed
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup dry red wine
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 3/4 cup chicken broth or 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season lamb chops with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- 2Add the oil to the skillet. Add chops to the pan cook 4 minutes.
- 3Turn chops over and cook 3 minutes longer.
- 4Remove chops from the skillet and set aside in a warm place.
- 5Pour off all but 2 tsp of fat from skillet. Add the garlic and shallot. Cook until they become transparent and tender.
- 6Add the wine, rosemary, and parsley, stirring up browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- 7Simmer over high heat until syrupy. That will take about 3 minutes.
- 8Add the chicken broth and continue to simmer until sauce is reduced by about half.
- 9Combine butter and flour in a cup (beurre manie).
- 10Stir mustard and cream into sauce. Adjust seasonings. Bring to a boil.
- 11Add beurre manie to sauce and stir well until incorporated into sauce and sauce thickens, about 2 minutes.
- 12Remove sauce from heat.
- 13Plate chops, 2 per plate, and add sauce over top. Garnish with a sprig of rosemary.
- 14Serve Immediately.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lamb Chops With Red Wine and Rosemary Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (310 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 834.1
- Calories from Fat 609
- Total Fat 67.7 g
- Saturated Fat 26.8 g
- Cholesterol 158.5 mg
- Sodium 1675.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 38.0 g