Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
Savory Lamb Chops, serve glaze on the side to dip Greek Potato Wedges. The frying pan and Dutch oven I use are cast iron; adjust cooking times as necessary for your cookware.
- 4 lamb chops
- 1 large onion
- 1 cup parsnip (optional)
- 1 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 tablespoons sage
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 cup cooking sherry
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 2 large potatoes, cut into wedges
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees In the frying pan add half of the oil, 1/2 of the chopped onion, parsnips and the garlic. Cook at medium temperature until onions are clear. While the onions, parsnips and garlic are cooking place into a bowl the cumin, sage, rosemary, thyme, oregano, ½ of the parsley, pepper and salt.
- Heat the Dutch oven to medium heat with the remaining oil. Place some olive oil onto a saucer and coat both sides of the potato wedges, then drag them through the bowl of seasonings and place onto a baking sheet. Place into the oven and cook for thirty minutes, turning half way through. Add the crumbled feta to the wedges the last five minutes of baking.
- Rinse the lamb chops and drag through the bowl to cover both sides of the chops with the seasonings, place into the Dutch oven and brown the chops on both sides and stand chops on their ends to sear the fat (about 10-15 min total time).
- After the chops are browned add the ingredients from the frying pan into the Dutch oven, save the frying pan. Into the Dutch oven add the sherry and chicken stock and the remaining onions and parsley. Give the chops a bath in the mixture for 10-15 minutes.
- Heat the frying pan again to medium heat, remove the chops from the Dutch oven and place into the frying pan. Turn the heat up on the Dutch oven to med high, stirring every few minutes. Turn the chops over every few minutes and again turn onto their sides to crisp the fat.
- When the chops are done remove them to a platter, carefully pour the contents of the Dutch oven into the frying pan and cook at med high heat to de-glaze the pan, add the soy sauce. Stir and scrape the bottom of the pan until liquid is reduced.
- Serve the chops and wedges with the sauce on the side. I put the sauce on both the chops and the potato wedges.