Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I prepared this easy, tasty dish for dinner last night. I think it is the best Moroccan lamb chop recipe that I have tried to date. It is from the Williams-Sonoma "Food and Wine Pairing" book. They suggest serving this dish with a spicy Syrah blend or Zinfandel. Owing to the weather, I prepared this on my stove top over medium heat in a grill pan versus on the BBQ and it still turned out well, though I cooked it a few minutes longer than the recipe suggested. Prep time does not include the 2 hours the dish needs to stand at room temperature to marinate.
- 118.29 ml chopped of fresh mint
- chopped of fresh mint, to garnish (optional)
- 14.79 ml ground coriander
- 9.85 ml minced garlic
- 4.92 ml sweet paprika
- 4.92 ml ground cumin
- 4.92 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 1.23 ml cayenne pepper
- salt, to taste
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 8 lamb loin chops or 16 small lamb rib chops
- In a small bowl, stir together the 1/2 cup mint, coriander, garlic, paprika, cumin, black pepper, cayenne pepper, salt, lemon juice, and olive oil.
- Rub the mixture into the chops, coating evenly, and place in a non-aluminum container. Cover and marinate at cool room temperature for 2 hours or up to overnight in the refrigerator.
- Prepare a fire in a grill. If the chops are refrigerated, bring to room temperature.
- Place the chops on an oiled grill rack and grill, turning once, for 4 minutes per side for medium-rare, or until done to your liking.
- Transfer to a warmed platter or individual plates and sprinkle with mint, if using. Serve immediately.
Wonderful recipe that will be used again and again. The spice blend is just perfect. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
Excellent. I started the marinade in the morning and after enjoying this gem of a recipe for dinner I can only echo the other reviews. Lots of wonderful flavor on tender, moist chops. Served with saffron garlic rice and Fresh Moroccan Salad. We had one terrific dinner :D. Made for NA/ME Tag
We love lamb and this recipe certainly did justice to some deluxe chops. I spread the marinade over 14 small rib chops and let them sit at room temp for a little over two hours. So simple, so delicious. I have posted pics of before and after cooking.