1/4 Photos of Lamb Chops With Moroccan Spices
Dr. Jenny's Note:
I prepared this easy, tasty dish for dinner last night. I think it is the best Moroccan lamb chop recipe that I have tried to date. It is from the Williams-Sonoma "Food and Wine Pairing" book. They suggest serving this dish with a spicy Syrah blend or Zinfandel. Owing to the weather, I prepared this on my stove top over medium heat in a grill pan versus on the BBQ and it still turned out well, though I cooked it a few minutes longer than the recipe suggested. Prep time does not include the 2 hours the dish needs to stand at room temperature to marinate.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 118.29 ml chopped fresh mint
- chopped fresh mint, to garnish (optional)
- 14.79 ml ground coriander
- 9.85 ml minced garlic
- 4.92 ml sweet paprika
- 4.92 ml ground cumin
- 4.92 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 1.23 ml cayenne pepper
- salt, to taste
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 8 lamb loin chops or 16 small lamb rib chops
- 1In a small bowl, stir together the 1/2 cup mint, coriander, garlic, paprika, cumin, black pepper, cayenne pepper, salt, lemon juice, and olive oil.
- 2Rub the mixture into the chops, coating evenly, and place in a non-aluminum container. Cover and marinate at cool room temperature for 2 hours or up to overnight in the refrigerator.
- 3Prepare a fire in a grill. If the chops are refrigerated, bring to room temperature.
- 4Place the chops on an oiled grill rack and grill, turning once, for 4 minutes per side for medium-rare, or until done to your liking.
- 5Transfer to a warmed platter or individual plates and sprinkle with mint, if using. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lamb Chops With Moroccan Spices
Serving Size: 1 (224 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 667.9
- Calories from Fat 521
- Total Fat 57.9 g
- Saturated Fat 23.3 g
- Cholesterol 140.6 mg
- Sodium 112.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 31.9 g