Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I prepared this easy, tasty dish for dinner last night. I think it is the best Moroccan lamb chop recipe that I have tried to date. It is from the Williams-Sonoma "Food and Wine Pairing" book. They suggest serving this dish with a spicy Syrah blend or Zinfandel. Owing to the weather, I prepared this on my stove top over medium heat in a grill pan versus on the BBQ and it still turned out well, though I cooked it a few minutes longer than the recipe suggested. Prep time does not include the 2 hours the dish needs to stand at room temperature to marinate.
- 1⁄2 cup chopped of fresh mint
- chopped of fresh mint, to garnish (optional)
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt, to taste
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 lamb loin chops or 16 small lamb rib chops
- In a small bowl, stir together the 1/2 cup mint, coriander, garlic, paprika, cumin, black pepper, cayenne pepper, salt, lemon juice, and olive oil.
- Rub the mixture into the chops, coating evenly, and place in a non-aluminum container. Cover and marinate at cool room temperature for 2 hours or up to overnight in the refrigerator.
- Prepare a fire in a grill. If the chops are refrigerated, bring to room temperature.
- Place the chops on an oiled grill rack and grill, turning once, for 4 minutes per side for medium-rare, or until done to your liking.
- Transfer to a warmed platter or individual plates and sprinkle with mint, if using. Serve immediately.
This is a great recipe, easy but tasty, I've used it a couple times now. Sesame oil makes a very nice substitute for olive oil too.
Wonderful recipe that will be used again and again. The spice blend is just perfect. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
Excellent. I started the marinade in the morning and after enjoying this gem of a recipe for dinner I can only echo the other reviews. Lots of wonderful flavor on tender, moist chops. Served with saffron garlic rice and Fresh Moroccan Salad. We had one terrific dinner :D. Made for NA/ME Tag