1/3 Photos of Lamb Chops with Minted Hollandaise Sauce
Instead of the traditional mint sauce, lamb chops are served here with a creamy hollandaise sauce flavored with fresh mint. The sauce is not difficult to make, as long as it is cooked over gentle heat. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Minted hollandaise sauce to serve
- 1Brush the chops on both sides with a little oil and season with black pepper.
- 2Put the chops under the broiler, 4 inches from the heat, and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side for medium-rare chops, slightly longer for well-done.
- 3Arrange the lamb chops on warmed serving plates and serve immediately with the warm minted hollandaise sauce.
- 4Good served with asparagus and a carrot salad.
- 5Hollandaise sauce: Whisk together the lemon juice, viegar, and egg yolks.
- 6Put over a saucepan of simmering water and whisk until thick.
- 7Melt the butter and add, a little at a time, to the egg-yolk mixture, whisking constantly until the sauce thickens.
- 8Stir in the fresh mint and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 9Transfer to a gravy boat and serve immediately.
- 10Variation: Lemon and Thyme Hollandaise: Make the sauce as directed, substituting 1 tsp grated lemon zest and 1 tbls chopped fresh thyme for the chopped mint.
- 11Serve with the lamb chops.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lamb Chops with Minted Hollandaise Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (49 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 242.8
- Calories from Fat 234
- Total Fat 26.0 g
- Saturated Fat 15.6 g
- Cholesterol 202.6 mg
- Sodium 9.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 2.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
shoulder lamb chops