Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
From "Everyday Food" episode "Everyday Elegance."
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1⁄4 cup mint, finely chopped
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 small lamb chops
- black pepper
- kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon butter, divided in two
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, mixed wild and cultivated varieties
- 2 tablespoons water
- In a small mixing bowl, combine vinegar, mustard, honey and mint. Add salt, pepper and olive oil. Stir well and set aside.
- Heat a regular (not non-stick) skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle lamb chops with black pepper. Sprinkle kosher salt into pan. Place chops in pan. Cook 2-4 min per side for medium rare, 3-6 min per side for medium well.
- In another skillet, melt 1/2 tbsp butter. Add mushrooms. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Saute about 5 min, until mushrooms have released all their juices and are nice and soft. Add water and stir. Scrape up any brown bits on the bottom of the pan. Add 1/2 tbsp butter and cook until melted.
- Serve lamb chops with mint sauce, and mushrooms on the side.