Recipe by Laurawombat Garcia
Combination of Middle Eastern and European flavors. Best if served with steamed vegetables and hot cooked rice. Can also be made with beef round instead of lamb. This is from Elinoar Moore care of Allrecipes.com.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs lamb chops, forequarter
- 1 yellow onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 teaspoons honey
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon pepper or 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- To marinate the meat: Place lamb in a wide deep baking dish.
- In a small bowl combine chopped onions, garlic, honey, oil, soy sauce, wine, pepper, cinnamon, and lemon juice.
- Mix well and pour mixture over lamb.
- Cover and marinate for 20-45 minutes.
- Bake in preheated over for 70 minutes or until cooked through.
- Serve with rice or vegetables or both.