Recipe by nannie jo
Chopped mint, basil, and parsley brighten the yogurt sauce. I got this off another site for Middle Eastern recipes. It sounds good and easy so I thought I would post it for the World Tour 2-Middle Eastern
Top Review by SugaredAlmond
This a really lovely recipe. I loved the combination of the cool, herby yogurt on the hot lamb. I did think the couscous needed a bit of jazzing up though, so added some roasted wedges of red onion, chopped dried apricots, pine nuts and some more herbs
- 1 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup uncooked couscous
- 8 (4 ounce) lamb loin chops, trimmed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- cooking spray
- 1⁄3 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped of fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon honey
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat broiler.
- Bring 1 cup of water to a boil in a medium saucepan; gradually stir in couscous. Remove from heat; cover and let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- While couscous stands, sprinkle lamb with salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Place lamb on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray; broil 5 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness.
- While lamb cooks, combine 1/8 teaspoon pepper, yogurt, and remaining ingredients. Serve lamb over couscous with yogurt sauce.
- Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 2 lamb chops, 1/2 cup couscous, and 2 tablespoons sauce).