Prep 15 mins
Cook 18 mins
Adapted from purplehazelavender.com. I found this recipe way back in June and would you believe I only recently got around to testing it? :/
- 4 lamb chops (the best you can afford-free range preferably)
- 1⁄3 cup hazelnuts (original recipe specified pistachios) or 1⁄3 cup pistachios, toasted (original recipe specified pistachios)
- salt, to taste
- cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup honey (I used a local clover honey)
- 1 tablespoon dried culinary lavender (from our garden!)
- grapeseed oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a food processor pulse the hazelnuts and lavender until the nuts are the texture of medium-coarse cornmeal (similar to the texture of semolina), but not finely ground.
- Place the mixture on a piece of wax paper or in a shallow pan.
- Season lamb chops with salt and pepper.
- Heat a heavy gauge or cast iron pan to medium high. Add enough grapeseed oil to coat pan well.
- Add chops and sear well, about 3-5 per side, turning once. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan heat honey just to warm. Dredge each chop in honey then in the lavender/hazelnut mixture.
- Place on baking sheet and finish cooking in oven for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Let chops rest 5 minutes before serving.