Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
from "Everyday Food" Magazine. Haven't tried this yet, but think my hubby will love it. Obviously, if you like your chops more cooked then up the frying time.
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1⁄2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro or 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 cauliflower (about 2, 2 1/2 pounds)
- 2 medium onions, halved and sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 8 (3 -5 ounce) lamb rib chops
- Prehat oven to 475 degrees. Mix yogurt, cilantro or parsley, lemon juice and garlic. Season to taste and set aside.
- Cook rice following packet instructions.
- Break cauliflower into large florets, place on baking sheet with sliced onions. Drizzle over oil and sprinkle curry powder. Season with salt and pepper and toss until reasonably well coated.
- Roast in preheated oven, turning occasionally until tender and slightly browned in spots (about 25 minutes).
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and sprinkle 1 teaspoon salt evenly in the bottom. Add 4 chops and cook 2-4 minutes per side for medium rare chops. Transfer to plate.
- Wipe skillet clean with paper towel. Repeat with remaining 4 chops.
- Serve with rice, cauliflower, and yogurt sauce.