from "Everyday Food" Magazine. Haven't tried this yet, but think my hubby will love it. Obviously, if you like your chops more cooked then up the frying time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1/2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro or 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 cauliflower (about 2, 2 1/2 pounds)
- 2 medium onions, halved and sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 8 (3 -5 ounce) lamb rib chops
- 1Prehat oven to 475 degrees. Mix yogurt, cilantro or parsley, lemon juice and garlic. Season to taste and set aside.
- 2Cook rice following packet instructions.
- 3Break cauliflower into large florets, place on baking sheet with sliced onions. Drizzle over oil and sprinkle curry powder. Season with salt and pepper and toss until reasonably well coated.
- 4Roast in preheated oven, turning occasionally until tender and slightly browned in spots (about 25 minutes).
- 5Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and sprinkle 1 teaspoon salt evenly in the bottom. Add 4 chops and cook 2-4 minutes per side for medium rare chops. Transfer to plate.
- 6Wipe skillet clean with paper towel. Repeat with remaining 4 chops.
- 7Serve with rice, cauliflower, and yogurt sauce.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lamb Chops With Curried Cauliflower
Serving Size: 1 (463 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 947.6
- Calories from Fat 606
- Total Fat 67.4 g
- Saturated Fat 27.3 g
- Cholesterol 131.1 mg
- Sodium 166.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 33.5 g