Recipe by Bergy
This recipe is easy to make and a little different from your usual lamb recipes. Buy chops that have the filet attached, not shoulder chops. They should be apprx 1" thick. Fry for 4 minutes each side for slightly pink. Longer if you want well done. Make the sauce early in the day (or the day before) and reheat while you are cooking the chops. Dinner will be on the table in a few minutes. The sauce is great over your veggies and new potatoes.
Top Review by Rita~
I loved the sauce in this! I just don`t understand the day before or early in the day to make it? It can be made right before frying the chops or better yet cook the chops then remove the chops to a plate and keep warm while making the sauce in the pan the chops were made. deglazing all the goodness from the meat enhancing the sauce even more. This did serve 4 of us. Thanks and good luck!
- 6 lamb chops
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1⁄4 cup cranberries, dried
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sweet onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary, dried
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar or 1 tablespoon brown sugar substitute
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 3 tablespoons sherry wine or 3 tablespoons marsala wine
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 kiwi fruits, peeled, sliced
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Early in the day or the day before mix, in a pot, the Broth. cranberries, green onions, sweet onion, rosemary, dill weed, brown sugar and chili flakes. Stir well.
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Mix cornstarch with 3 tbsp water, add to the sauce.
- Add Sherry and stir.
- Simmer for 5 minutes longer.
- Remove from heat. Cool and place in fridge until just before serving.
- Just before dinner season the chops with salt & coarse ground pepper.
- Reheat the sauce.
- Heat skillet, high heat, Spray with oil.
- Brown the chops on both sides, turn heat to medium and continue cooking for apprx 3 minutes each side.
- While the chops are cooking peel the Kiwi fruit and cut the kiwi in 1/4" slices.
- When cooked place the chops on your plate pour on the sauce and decorate with a kiwi fruit slice on each chop.
- Serve with your favorite vegetables and new potatoes, pour more sauce over the vegetables.