1/1 Photo of Lamb Chops With Cilantro-Mint Chimichurri
This is an adaptation of an Argentine chimichurri sauce served over grilled meat. In this case, it's a cilantro mint chimichurri topping some broiled lamb chops. I would imagine the chimichurri would be great over steak, chicken or pork, too. The chimichurri is best eaten the day it is made, due to the fresh herbs used. Recipe courtesty of Ingrid Hoffmann.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup cilantro leaf, packed
- 1/2 cup parsley, fresh flat-leaf
- 2 tablespoons mint leaves
- 1 -2 serrano chili, halved (seeded and ribbed if you want less heat)
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice (about 1/2 lime)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2Combine the cilantro, parsley, mint, serrano chile, rice vinegar, lime juice, honey and salt into a food processor bowl and pulse into a paste. With the food processor running, gradually add the olive oil, continuing to process until the sauce is smooth, scraping down the sides of the food processor as necessary. Transfer the chimichurri to a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Refreigerate for up to 3 hours. *Bring to room temperature before serving.
- 4Prehat broiler to high and place the oven rack at its highest position.
- 5Season the lamb with salt and pepper. Heat the olive oil in a large oven-safe skillet over high heat. Add the lamb chops and brown on all sides, about 10 minutes total. Add the rosemary and the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes. Transfer the skillet to the broiler and cook until the lamb is still pink in the center, about 5 minutes or so.
- 6Serve the chops from the oven with a spoonful of the chimichurri drizzled on top. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lamb Chops With Cilantro-Mint Chimichurri
Serving Size: 1 (220 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1029.4
- Calories from Fat 806
- Total Fat 89.5 g
- Saturated Fat 35.4 g
- Cholesterol 210.9 mg
- Sodium 457.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 47.0 g