Lamb Chops With Caper Orange Garlic Crust
- Stir together capers, zest, garlic, and 1 tablespoon oil in a small bowl.
- Pat chops dry and season with salt.
- Arrange chops on a plate and spread about 2 teaspoons of caper mixture on top of each chop, pressing lightly to help adhere.
- Heat remaining tablespoon oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over moderate heat until hot but not smoking, then cook chops, coated sides down, 6 minutes.
- Turn chops over with tongs and cook about 10 minutes more for medium-rare.
- Transfer chops, coated sides up, to a clean plate and let stand 5 minutes.
- If your chops are only 1/2 inch thick, cook chops, turning over once, 6 minutes total for medium-rare.