1/3 Photos of Lamb Chops With Apricot and Herb Sauce
bluemoon downunder's Note:
This is my adaptation of a Canyon Ranch Health Resort recipe from 'low-fat cooking guru' Jeanne Jones. It first caught my attention because of its low fat content; but with its fine blend of herbs, not surprisingly, it's also delicious. When I've served it, no one has in the least suspected that this is a low-fat recipe! I found it in Prevention Healthy Cooking's 'Eat up Slim down: tried-and-true recipes from real weight-loss winners' by Jane Kirby and David Joachim.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless lamb steaks, boneless, trimmed of all visible fat
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 ounces dried apricot halves
- 14 fluid ounces low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1Sprinkle both sides of the lamb evenly with the garlic salt and pepper, warm a large non-stick pan (with a lid for use later) over a medium heat until hot, add the lamb and brown on both sides.
- 2Add the stock and the apricots to a medium pan, over a high heat, and bring to the boil.
- 3Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes, or until the apricots are very soft.
- 4Reserve half of the apricots and set aside.
- 5Transfer the other half of the apricots and all of the stock to a blender or food processor, add the vinegar, oregano, thyme, rosemary, salt and nutmeg, and blend to make the sauce.
- 6Pour the sauce over the lamb, sprinkle the reserved apricots over the lamb and, over a low heat, simmer the lamb for 10-15 minutes or until the lamb is cooked through.
- 7Serve with steamed green vegetables andyour favourite mashed potato recipe. I'd recommend Bergy’s Irish Mashed Potatoes #10974, which are beautifully creamy but also low in calories.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lamb Chops With Apricot and Herb Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (135 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 87.2
- Calories from Fat 7
- Total Fat 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 179.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 15.3 g
- Protein 3.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: