Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
The cream sauce can be serve with a raw or grilled vegetable platter. Great on a salad. The picture is a baby rack of lamb with these ingredients.
- 4 lamb chops, 3/4 thick trimmed of fat
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon curry
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
Curry Cream Sauce
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 fresh tomatoes, diced
- 1 teaspoon curry powder (or more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup Chinese duck sauce
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup ricotta cheese
- In a dish place chops in one layer.
- Whisk remaining ingredients till well blended.
- Pour over chops.
- Marinate for 6 hours turning a couple of times.
- Meanwhile make cream sauce.
- In a food processor or blender mix all sauce ingredients till blended and chill till ready to use. I've also used cream cheese in place of the ricotta.
- Grill about 6 minutes each side brushing with the left over marinate.
- Serve with sauce.
This recipe is a keeper! I made up the marinade and sauce last night, so when I got home from work, all I had to do was heat up the sauce and put the pork chops on the grill. All 3 of us gave it 5 stars. Thanks for this great recipe, Rita!
Very nice pork recipe Rita, not spicy at all for our tastes - just nice and mild. The sauce was the real star, I cut the recipe in 4 for the two of us and used low fat mayo and Chinese BBQ sauce (not char sui sauce). Extremely quick and easy to do if you do everything the night before - perfect for a busy week night! I'm having the leftovers today in a pita wrap...yum! Thanks for sharing.
Nice marinade - I like spicy food but I reduced the cayanne pepper to just half a teaspoon and it was still very spicy. Taste of curry was very strong, I might want to reduce that down a bit too, to get the garlic and lemon to show up a bit more.