Prep 18 mins
Cook 38 mins
Sensory delight. This is an aromatic main dish meal that will have your family and or guests wondering WHAT IS THAT? as they impatiently wait for dinner to be served. Made for RSC 14 Contest entry.Maind dish category Prep time includes at least 15 min marinade time
- 4 lamb chops, approx 2 lbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped (1/2 tsp dried)
- 2 teaspoons fresh oregano, chopped (1 tsp dried)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup rye flour
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1 large tomatoes, sliced into 4 slices (not quartered)
- In medium size bowl whisk together 1 Tbsp olive oil, rosemary, oregano, pepper, salt.
- Rinse and pat dry lamb chops, place in bowl, turning to coat with seasoning mix. Let marinate at least 15 min and up until 6 hrs in fridge.
- Place chops in a casserole dish and bake in oven for 30 min at 350 degrees. (if glass dish at 325 degrees) You may need to check and add a small bit of water to pan so chops do not stick or burn on bottom.
- Check to see if all pink is cleared, place sliced tomatoe and sliced mozzerella on top of chop in order stated, use additional pepper to taste and bake for 5 more minutes.
- Remove from oven and let sit for 5 minutes so juices can set and meld into meat.
- Serve with a crusty loaf of bread and your favorite sides.
- You may also choose to add red pepper flakes for heat (like DH liked) I used 1/2 tsp on 2 chops, sprinkled after in oven.
- thickness of chop will effect cooking time as well so if thin check after 20 minutes.
- ovens vary so please check to be sure at the 30 min time frame.
Delicious lamb chop recipe. We loved this recipe although I omitted the tomato off of my DH's chop as he doesn't care for tomatoes. What could be better than rosemary and lamb together. At first my DH questioned my sanity for putting mozzarella cheese on the chops but when I told him it was a recipe from the RSC contest, he then stopped questioning it and ate it with great relish.