1/3 Photos of Lamb Chops (Or Cutlets) W/Caramelized Garlic
From CULINARIA SPAIN & recipe editor Ingeborg Pils, this special recipe is said to be native to the Balearic Islands off the coast of Spain where *fresh and simple* described the secret of the cuisine. They certainly succeed in this unbelievably simple to prepare, elegant to serve & flavored to perfection recipe using 2 of my favorite ingredients - lamb & garlic. *Enjoy*
My Private Note
8 oz Se ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rinse & clean lamb chops (or cutlets), pat dry, season w/salt & pepper & set aside.
- 2Heat olive oil in a large skillet.
- 3Fry garlic cloves till just starting to caramelize a golden brown & remove from skillet using a slotted spoon.
- 4In the same skillet, fry lamb chops (or cutlets) on both sides in the oil (The meat should be slightly pink in the center when cooked & cook time will vary w/the thickness of the meat, so take care not to overcook).
- 5Remove chops (or cutlets) to a warmed platter & pour off any excess olive oil in the skillet.
- 6De glaze the pan drippings w/2 oz red wine & briefly return the garlic cloves to the pan to rewarm slightly in the juices.
- 7Ladle the pan juices & garlic cloves over the lamb chops (or cutlets) & serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lamb Chops (Or Cutlets) W/Caramelized Garlic
Serving Size: 1 (273 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 863.2
- Calories from Fat 666
- Total Fat 74.0 g
- Saturated Fat 28.6 g
- Cholesterol 168.1 mg
- Sodium 131.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 38.2 g