Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
An oh so simple but flavorful way to bbq lamb chops. time does not include 30 mins marinade time
Make and share this Lamb Chops on the Barbecue (Greek Style) recipe from Food.com.
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 50 ml olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of fresh rosemary sprigs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Tabasco sauce, to taste
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 4 lamb steaks (or chops)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- To make the marinade, mix the garlic, olive oil, rosemary, cinnamon, Tabasco sauce, lemon zest and juice in a large bowl.
- Season the lamb with salt and pepper and add the meat to the marinade. Leave to marinate for half an hour.
- Grill the lamb on a barbecue until cooked to your liking. Serve immediately.
*Reviewed for WHine and Cheese Gangs ZWT6 visit to Greece* So easy and my husband loved this marinade. I could only get lamb loin chops so used eight chops in place of the 4 lamb steaks. Couldn't find my tobasco sauce....so just added extra feshly ground mixed peppers. Otherwise, kept to the recipe as written. My husband cooked the chops on the BBQ and we served them with Tomato, Cucumber and Feta Salad. Great marinade. Photo also to be posted. Thanks Marra for a great recipe :)
This was still so good even with my little oops (after putting the lamb loin chops into the marinade and coating them well I suddenly realized I had put nutmeg in and not cinnamon, pulled the chops out and put a good dose of cinnamon in and whisked and put the chops back in). Cooked in the frypan about 3 to 4 minutes per side for lovely tender pink lamb chops which were enjoyed by the DM and DS and myself (I used 8 lamb loin chops for the 3 of us - the DM only eats 2). Thank you MarraMamba. made for I Recommend Tag Game and recommended by Kim127.
Great Marinade! My BBQ wasn't working so I broiled the lamb chops. I did not use the tabasco. We don't really like the taste. I marinaded the lamb for five hours. Thanks for sharing.