Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I love the flavor of the chutney and lamb. Cook longer if you do not like pink lamb
- 1 cup fresh bread, crunbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- salt and pepper
- 4 lamb loin chops, 2 inches thick
- 4 tablespoons colonel grey chutney (recipe#10662) or 4 tablespoons major grey chutney
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Combines crumbs and rosemary.
- Season chops with salt& pepper.
- Spread each side of the chops with 1/2 tsp chutney and dip into the crumbs, coat well Place on a baking sheet and bake until golden brown 15 minutes for medium rare.
Very easy lamb recipe---nice for a weeknight meal as not much prep is involved. Used lamb chops and Major Grey's chutney. Wished the chutney flavor would have come through a little more; maybe I would use a stronger chutney next time or use more of the Major Grey's. Served with roasted eggplant. Thanks!
well what do I say but, thank you thank you thank you. My DD 10 inhaled the meat, of late to get her to eat meat has been a push (not meat and veg again mum). This was enjoyed by all of us my, DH and me :). I did this with lamb rump steak instead of the chops and used a fruit chutney. You did not need steak knives for this as it was so tender. Once again thank you for posting this Jan:)
I totally agree with JanS. I used lamb steaks and my green chile chutney. It was marvelous and didn't overpower the lamb!