Prep 2 hrs 10 mins
Cook 14 mins
Posted in reply to a request. Prep time includes the 2 hour marinating time. Note: The word "sauce" in this recipe refers to a very thick basting sauce/paste, and not a liquid "gravy" type sauce.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 clove garlic, chopped
- 8 lamb loin chops (1/2 inch thick)
- 4 anchovy fillets, chopped
- 1⁄2 clove garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- Mix marinade ingredients together, add chops and let marinate for at least 2 hours.
- Mix all sauce ingredients together well.
- Preheat broiler to 500°F.
- Remove chops from marinade, and dip them into the sauce mixture.
- Broil the chops for about 7-10 minutes.
- Dip chops into sauce mixture again, and broil the chops on the other side for about 7-10 more minutes, or until done.
- While the second side of the chops are broiling, heat the remaining sauce until it simmers.
- Simmer sauce for about 1 minute.
- Serve chops with additional sauce* if desired.
- *Note: If you would like additional sauce to serve on the side with the chops, make a second batch of the "sauce," thinning it a bit with 1/4 to 1/3 cup of water to prevent scorching when heated.
Absolutely delicious! Hands down the best lamb I've ever made. I used the same amount of ingredients for two chops and it was perfect. I will be making these again and again, thank you for posting this winner!
these were soooo yummy! i didn't have anchovies, so i had to skip that part, so i don't know how different it would've tasted (maybe someone who's tried both ways can tell me). also, my hand wandered by the cumin bottle when i went to get the oregano and i loooove cumin, so i threw in about an equal amount of that too. i had 6 little loin chops, but even doubling the marinade, i needed to add a little more oil to get it to coat the chops and doubling the sauce just BARELY was enough to coat them for the broiler. so i didn't get any sauce. :( so i made the herbed yogurt from the lamb chop Lamb Chops With Herbed Yogurt over Couscous and that was nice (although i halved the herbs it called for--too many flavors going on). i liked the yogurt, my husband and 2 year old didn't. served it with couscous and green beans. awesome! oh yeah, and took a cue from lamb chop Sheila's Peppered Lamb Chops--broiled 6" below heating elemnent for 8 mins. each side--PERFECT doneness between medium and medium rare!
Wow - these are amazing. As Jan quoted "TDF!" I took Kooka's advise and created a 'real' sauce by reducing white wine with an extra batch of sauce mix. Lamb lovers out there this is a must try! Thanks Dee514, this goes into my favourites!!