Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Found on the net. The long slow cooking results in a delicious gravy to go over rice.
Make and share this Lamb Chops in Pepper and Vinegar recipe from Food.com.
- 18 small lamb chops
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 cup fresh coriander, chopped
- Trim the lamb chops of all visible fat but do not detach from the bone.
- Rub the chops with the salt and the pepper.
- Place them in a single layer on a baking sheet or large platter and sprinkle them evenly with the vinegar; set aside.
- Heat the oil over high heat in a large, deep skillet or a Dutch oven.
- Saute the onions, stirring frequently, for about 6 to 8 minutes, until they are browned. Add the garlic and cook another minute or two.
- Add the lamb chops and their juices along with the ground coriander, curry powder and turmeric.
- Brown the chops, turning them to colour evenly, for about 5 minutes.
- Add one cup of water, lower heat, cover, and cook at a low simmer for 1-1/2 hours.
- Check every 20 minutes, adding 1/2 cup of water toward the end if the liquids have cooked off.
- The lamb should be very tender.
- Mix in the chopped cilantro and serve at once.