Recipe by Tisme
O.k....dont blame me but my family love this concotion! A hand mixer comes in handy for making the marinade sauce. Servings depend on how many chops per k.g.! My own concotion and tweaks ......Garlic and chives can be added also and both add great flavours. Cook at your own risk!!! lol
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 piece gingerroot, small knob and finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon mint, fresh finely chooped
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- seasoning, to your taste
- 1 1⁄2 kg lamb chops
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1 teaspoon parsley, fresh finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Combne the onion, ginger, sugar, fruit juices, oil, mint, curry powder and seasonings in a bowl and mix well to make a marinade.
- Place the chops into a shallow dish and pour over the mix from the bowl (marinade.) Leave for at least 4 hours, turning occasionally.
- Remove the chops from marinade and b.b.q, grill or pan fry chops until cooked. (Whilst cooking make the marinade sauce).
- Blend the 2 tablespoons of marinade and corn flour and mix until no there are no lumps; add remainder of marinade and add to some heat until sauce boils and thickens, simmer sauce for 3 minutes and serve with or over chops.
- Sprinkle chops with parsley before serving!