5 hrs 20 mins
O.k....dont blame me but my family love this concotion! A hand mixer comes in handy for making the marinade sauce. Servings depend on how many chops per k.g.! My own concotion and tweaks ......Garlic and chives can be added also and both add great flavours. Cook at your own risk!!! lol
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 piece gingerroot, small knob and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon mint, fresh finely chooped
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- seasoning, to your taste
- 1 1/2 kg lamb chops
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1 teaspoon parsley, fresh finely chopped
- 1Combne the onion, ginger, sugar, fruit juices, oil, mint, curry powder and seasonings in a bowl and mix well to make a marinade.
- 2Place the chops into a shallow dish and pour over the mix from the bowl (marinade.) Leave for at least 4 hours, turning occasionally.
- 3Remove the chops from marinade and b.b.q, grill or pan fry chops until cooked. (Whilst cooking make the marinade sauce).
- 4Blend the 2 tablespoons of marinade and corn flour and mix until no there are no lumps; add remainder of marinade and add to some heat until sauce boils and thickens, simmer sauce for 3 minutes and serve with or over chops.
- 5Sprinkle chops with parsley before serving!
Browse Our Top Marinades and Rubs Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Marinades and Rubs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lamb Chops in Fresh Apple Marinade Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (353 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1441.2
- Calories from Fat 1025
- Total Fat 113.9 g
- Saturated Fat 45.9 g
- Cholesterol 277.9 mg
- Sodium 222.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 34.1 g
- Protein 61.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: