Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I got this recipe from a cookbook “Wonderful Ways to Cook Curries” I paid 50c for the book in a thrift shop and don’t plan to keep the poor old thing. I haven’t made this recipe, but we eat a lot of curries and I know I will. Remember an Australian tablespoon is 4 teaspoons.
- 3 green chilies, minced
- 1⁄2 cup yogurt
- 8 lamb chops
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Mix the chilies and yogurt together.
- Thoroughly coat the chops with the yogurt then sprinkle with the pepper, cloves and salt and allow to marinate for several hours (or overnight) turning occasionally.
- Melt the butter in a frypan and stir in the cinnamon.
- Add the chops with the marinade and cook over a high heat until the chops are cooked through to your liking.