Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
A family dinner dish that gives all !!
- 6 (4 ounce) lamb chops (trimmed)
- 2 stalks leeks (roughly chopped)
- 2 green onions (roughly chopped) or 2 scallions (roughly chopped)
- 4 shallots (small, peeled and roughly chopped)
- 2 stalks celery (chopped)
- 3 red sweet peppers (sliced in four pieces each)
- 6 carrots (small, peeled)
- 6 red potatoes (peeled and cut in halves)
- 1⁄4 cup dry red wine
- 4 garlic cloves (sliced)
- 1 pinch rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (berbere)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup beef broth or 1 cup vegetable broth
- salt and pepper
- In a non-stick saucepan, fry the lamb chops on both sides until brown with a pinch of rosemary.
- Add to the lamb chops, garlic, oil, all vegetables; sauté for five minutes.
- Pour the wine and beef broth to the saucepan; add red chili pepper, thyme, lemon juice, salt and black pepper.
- Place the saucepan in a preheat 400 degree oven; bake it covered for 15 minutes; uncover and bake for 30 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed and the vegetables are tender.
- Remove from heat; sprinkle the fresh parsley and serve it hot.