Recipe by GaylaJ
A wonderful dish--simple, delicious comfort food. I seared the lamb chops in a hot skillet coated with a little olive oil before adding them to the potatoes in the oven (reducing roasting time accordingly) and scattered chopped flat-leaf parsley along with the olives, tomatoes and feta to add some color. Recipe adapted from Bon Appétit.
Top Review by Dottie Doodles
I love lamb chops and I am always looking for new ways to prepare them. I really loved these and the potatoes were the perfect accompaniment to have with them. My chops were on the rare side, and I love them that way. This is a good recipe that is easy to prepare and delicious! Thank you!
- 3 large russet potatoes, peeled and each cut into 8 wedges
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary, divided
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 8 lamb loin chops (1-inch thick)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped seeded tomatoes
- 1⁄3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄3 cup chopped pitted kalamata olive
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Toss together potatoes, oil and half of rosemary on a large rimmed baking sheet; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast until potatoes are almost tender, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, press garlic and remaining rosemary onto both sides of the lamb chops; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Arrange lamb on baking sheet next to potatoes; roast until potatoes are tender and lamb is cooked to desired doneness, about 18 minutes for medium-rare.
- Mound potatoes in center of platter and surround with lamb chops. Sprinkle with tomatoes, cheese and olives.