Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This is a barbecue recipe from Pakistan. I reduced the amount of salt in the recipe because meat tenderizers usually contain salt. cooking time is marinating time.
- 1 kg lamb chop
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons gingerroot, minced
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon meat tenderizer
- Place chops in a bowl and pour lemon juice and meat tenderizer on top. Rub it on well and leave aside for 20 minutes.
- Combine yogurt, garam masala, oil, ginger, chilli powder, salt and garlic.
- Pour this mixture over the chops and coat well.
- Cover, and leave to marinate for 5-6 hours at room temperature or overnight in the refrigerator.
- Grill Chops, turning occasionally, until done ( 10 - 15 mins).
- Or place them in a roasting tin and bake them in the oven at 325F, Basting with reserved marinade and turning once or twice to brown both sides.
- Serve hot with mint chutney and naans.