Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
(Nepali Grilled Lamb Slices Marinated in Chili Sauce)
- 2 lbs lamb, cut into thin slices
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed, roasted
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon chili paste
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 cups onions, slices
- 2 cups red bell peppers, slices
- salt and pepper
- In a blender, process garlic, ginger, roasted cumin seeds, turmeric, chili paste, tomato paste, honey, soy sauce, sesame oil and salt into a smooth paste.
- In a large bowl, pour the spice mixture over the lamb pieces.
- Add onion and bell pepper slices, and oil; mix well, cover, and let marinate for at least four hours.
- Preheat grill.
- Place marinated lamb pieces with vegetables on the grill; cook, frequently turning until lamb slices are tender.
- Take the cooked sekuwa off the grill.
- To serve, arrange the lamb sekuwa on the bed of rice pilaf, supplemented with chili achar.
i have used this several times as a marinade for lamb chops. because the meat is thicker, i marinate the chops at least overnight. this is a nicely spiced combination of flavors, and these are seaonings i always have on hand.