This is a wonderful, tasty and simple recipe to make, it is a great after work no fuss meal. There is a little bit in the way of chopping up the vegetables, but it is probably all done in about 20 Min's and cooked in about 20 Min's in a wok. You can add as many of the chili seeds or as few as you want to make it to suit personal spiciness level or for that matter add more chilies if you desire. This is a great recipe for using up any vegetables. I have stated what I used but some of these were already in my fridge and I wanted to use them up before going off, so feel free to play around with the veg ingredients.
- 600 g lamb fillets, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 4 tablespoons char siu sauce
- 3 tablespoons ketjap manis
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 red chilies, sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil, extra
- 1 red capsicum (200g)
- 10 broccoli florets, small, if they are large 5 cut in half
- 4 large fresh shiitake mushrooms (90g)
- 3 large oyster mushrooms (80g)
- 100 g snow peas, trimmed
- 120 g bean sprouts
- 300 g fresh noodles
- Add 1 tablespoon peanut oil to a wok, cook lamb in batches until browned, adding more peanut oil as needed. Set to one side.
- De-glaze wok with rice vinegar, add extra 1 tablespoon of peanut oil, add pepper, chilies and garlic, stir-fry until veg start to soften.
- Add mushrooms, florets and return lamb to wok, add sauce and ketjap manis, stir-fry 3-4 Min's, add snow peas and bean sprouts, stir-fry until sprouts are just tender, about 3 Min's. Add noodles and stir-fry to heat through.
- Serve as is.