Recipe by KOSHER KOOK
A wonderful lamb stew that I make for Passover, but works for anytime of year. Easy and very impressive. Can easily be doubled or more without to much work.
- 1814.36 g lamb, cut in stew size cubes
- 3 onions, sliced
- 236.59 ml crushed tomatoes, with liquid
- 118.29 ml water
- 236.59 ml dried apricot, diced (or not)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 14.79 ml oregano
- 236.59 ml Chardonnay wine
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 0.25 ml saffron (combined)
- oil, as needed
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pan, heat oil. In the meantime, combine the Chardonnay, cinnamon and saffron in a small bowl and set aside for about 15 minutes. Brown lamb pieces and sear on all sides. Remove pieces as they brown and put in a large ovenproof casserole. Lay the sliced onions on top of the meat. In a large bowl combine remaining ingredients and infused wine. Stir well and pour over the lamb and onions. Cover casserole with foil and bake at 350 for about 2 hours, until meat is tender. It will not overcook. The aroma when you remove the foil is amazing. Serve with horseradish mashed potatoes or noodles if not during Passover.