Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
From "The Los Angeles Times California Cookbook" (1981).
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean lamb (cubed)
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 3 cups bouillon
- 1⁄2 lb prune (cooked, pitted, and quartered)
- 1 cup rice, uncooked
- 2 red peppers, cut in chunks
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 lemon, thinly sliced
- Cook onion and lamb in oil for about 10 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Add bouillon; cover and simmer 20 minutes.
- Turn meat mixture into a 2-quart casserole. Stir in prunes, rice, red peppers, lemon, and oregano; season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and bake at 350 for 1 hour.