Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A nice change from a beef pattie on a bun. From Super Food Ideas magazine. NB Australian measurements. 1tbl = 20ml Cooking time doesn't include 30mins chilling.
- 800 g ground lamb
- 1 tablespoon Arabic seven spice (Middle Eastern spice mix)
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 4 small pocket pita breads
- 1 bunch rocket, torn (arugula)
- 2 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 200 g plain Greek yogurt
- Mix lamb and spice mix in a bowl with your hands until well combined. Divide into 4 portions and shape each into a 12cm patty. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Heat a bbq plate, frying pan or grill pan over medium heat and spray with oil. Cook patties 4 to 5 minutes each side or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate, cover with foil and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Split pocket breads about halfway through. Fill with rocket, tomato and patties. Serve with yoghurt.
I made this for ZWT3. This was my first experience cooking lamb. I think we did two things wrong, as our burgers ended up being rather tough. I think I over-worked the meat while mixing in the spices (#141053) then, I think DH2B cooked them too long on the BBQ. They still tasted good though!
It was a pleasure to make these wonderful lamb burgers. I doubled the spice mix. They were popular even with our almost vegetarian. Welcome to Zaar westivan. I am happy to be giving you your first review. Made for Zaar World Tour Aussie Challenge.