from last week's NY Times, this is so easy to throw together. cooking time doesn't reflect overnight matinating. make sure you soak the bamboo skewers or they will burn on the grill.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For marinating and grilling
- 1 lb boneless lamb, in 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate molasses
- 2 tablespoons garlic-infused olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1Place lamb cubes in a freezer bag, and add pomegranate molasses, garlic oil, allspice, cumin and coriander.
- 2Seal bag, and mix well so lamb is coated.
- 3Refrigerate overnight or up to two days.
- 4About 1 hour before grilling, place 10 bamboo skewers in water to soak.
- 5Heat grill.
- 6In a small mixing bowl, combine hummus, yogurt and cumin.
- 7Season with lemon juice to taste, and refrigerate until needed.
- 8When ready to grill, remove lamb from refrigerator.
- 9Thread three or four pieces of lamb onto each skewer.
- 10Grill lamb so that it is seared on outside but still tender inside.
- 11Check meat by cutting a cube and tasting.
- 12Arrange cooked skewers on a platter, and garnish with lemon wedges.
- 13Place hummus mixture in two small serving bowls, dust each bowl with a little cumin, and serve.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lamb Brochettes With Hummus
Serving Size: 1 (944 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 191.8
- Calories from Fat 134
- Total Fat 14.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 32.6 mg
- Sodium 120.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 9.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: