Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
from last week's NY Times, this is so easy to throw together. cooking time doesn't reflect overnight matinating. make sure you soak the bamboo skewers or they will burn on the grill.
For marinating and grilling
- 1 lb boneless lamb, in 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate molasses
- 2 tablespoons garlic-infused olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 cup hummus
- 1⁄2 cup Greek yogurt or 1⁄2 cup thick plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- fresh lemon juice
- 3 -5 lemons, cut into wedges
- 10 bamboo skewers
- Place lamb cubes in a freezer bag, and add pomegranate molasses, garlic oil, allspice, cumin and coriander.
- Seal bag, and mix well so lamb is coated.
- Refrigerate overnight or up to two days.
- About 1 hour before grilling, place 10 bamboo skewers in water to soak.
- Heat grill.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine hummus, yogurt and cumin.
- Season with lemon juice to taste, and refrigerate until needed.
- When ready to grill, remove lamb from refrigerator.
- Thread three or four pieces of lamb onto each skewer.
- Grill lamb so that it is seared on outside but still tender inside.
- Check meat by cutting a cube and tasting.
- Arrange cooked skewers on a platter, and garnish with lemon wedges.
- Place hummus mixture in two small serving bowls, dust each bowl with a little cumin, and serve.