Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
From Woman's Day online.
- 1 lemon
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 large shallots, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground lamb
- Heat oven to 375°F Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Using a vegetable peeler, remove 2 strips of zest from the lemon and very thinly slice on a diagonal.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, vinegar, ¾ tsp salt and ½ tsp pepper; stir in the oats. Add the garlic, shallots, sundried tomatoes, rosemary and lemon zest and mix to combine.
- Add the lamb and mix just until incorporated. Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking sheet and shape into a 9 x 3 1/2-in. loaf. Bake until the internal temperature registers 150°F, 40 to 45 minutes. Let rest for 5 minutes before slicing.