Recipe by Honni
I used to make this when I was first married, now 30 years later I decided to try it again. My husband & son thought it was great. I served it with a rice pilaf
- 1 kg diced lamb
- 175 g short cut bacon, diced
- 1 (400 g) candiced tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup seasoned flour
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1 (225 g) canunsweetened pineapple chunks
- 1⁄2 cup stock
- 10 ml olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 175c Coat lamb in seasoned flour (I do this in a plastic bag) Melt oil and butter in frypan& add meat, fry until brown then remove from pan.
- Fry sliced onions and diced bacon in same frypan til brown, then remove.
- In same pan put stock, pineapple juice and tomatos& stir to combine the juices of the pan.
- In casserole dish place half the meat then half the bacon& onion mixture& half the pineapple pieces.
- Repeat layer.
- Pour the stock,Pineapple juice& tomato mixture on top.
- Place in oven and cook for 1 hour with lid on.
- Remove lid and cook for further 20 mins til liquid has reduced a little and top has a glazed look.
- I serve this with a rice pilaf.