Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
365 Great 20 Minute Recipes
Make and share this Lamb and White Bean Stew recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless leg of lamb, cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup dry white wine or 1 cup vermouth
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crumbled
- 2 (15 ounce) cans white beans, drained
- 2 (14 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- Season lamb with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium high heat.
- Add lamb and cook, turning so all sides brown lightly, 3-4 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook, stirring, until soft and fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add wine and rosemary and bring to a boil over high heat, stirring up the browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Add beans and tomatoes. Bring to a boil again, reduce heat to medium-low and cook uncovered until meat is no longer pink in center and sauce is somewhat reduced, about 10 minutes.