1/1 Photo of Lamb and White Bean Casserole
1 hr 30 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 small lamb shanks (1 Lb each)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 medium onion
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can no-salt-added stewed tomatoes
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) can white beans or 1 (16 ounce) can cannellini beans
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 lemon, rind of, grated
- 1Preheat oven 350 degree F.
- 2Coat lamb shanks with flour.
- 3Add lamb shanks to a big casserole pan coated with vegetable oil.
- 4Cook lamb shanks on all sides.
- 5Transfer shanks to bowl.
- 6In drippings from casserole pan, cook celery and onion over medium heat until well browned.
- 7Return shanks to casserole pan and add stewed tomatoes, beef beef broth, garlic, bay leaf, thyme, salt and pepper.
- 8Heat to boiling over high heat.
- 9Cover casserole pan and bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes or until lamb shanks are tender, turning meat once.
- 10When lamb shanks are done, skim fat from liquid. Stir in white beans; heat through.
- 11Sprinkle with parsley and lemon peel and serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lamb and White Bean Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (528 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 800.8
- Calories from Fat 337
- Total Fat 37.5 g
- Saturated Fat 14.3 g
- Cholesterol 242.1 mg
- Sodium 704.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 81.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
no-salt-added stewed tomatoes
lemons, rind of