Prep 45 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This just off the top of my head that I want to try, I think it will be tasty.
- 2 lbs lamb, cut in 1-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons curry
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups butternut squash, cubed
- 2 cups red potatoes, cubed
- 10 ounces white pearl onions
- 1 lb carrot, sliced
- 1 cup green beans, sliced
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 lb nonfat plain yogurt
- Brown the Lamb in 1 1/2 tablespoons Olive Oil.
- Once the Lamb is browned, place in a slow cooker with the Tomatoes, Cumin and Curry. Stir to distribute the spices.
- Add enough Beef Broth to cover the Lamb and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Add the Butternut Squash and the Potatoes (and more beef broth, if necessary), 1 hour prior to serving.
- 15 minutes before serving, saute the Pearl Onions, Carrots and Green Beans with the remaining Olive Oil until just tender.
- Add all the slow cooker ingredients and the Peas and mix thuroughly. Check the seasoning and adjust to taste.
- Remove from heat and add the Yogurt.
- Serve with rice and curry extras (coconut, chutney, raisins, peanuts, cilantro -- ).