Recipe by flower7
I roasted a leg of lamb recently (with Ras el Hanout Spice Mix) and since I was the only one eating it, I had a bit leftover. I came across this recipe in a cookbook (by James Villas) and knew I had to try it. It tasted soooo good I just had to share! (You can substitute any other leftover cooked meat: beef, chicken, etc. for the lamb if desired.)
Top Review by Nina W.
Love it and my husband did too!! I sliced a tomatoe on top and then added the Feta but also used Romano on top. I put under the broiler the last 5 minutes to crisp up the top. We will have your wonderful recipe again. Thank You
- 2 cups cubed cooked lamb (preferably cooked rare, since it will be cooked again)
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise or 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 3 fluid ounces dry sherry
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary or 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese or 1⁄2 cup goat cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350°F Grease a 1 1/2-quart casserole dish and set aside.
- Squeeze thawed spinach until almost dry.
- In a medium size bowl, combine all the ingredients except the cheese and mix until well blended.
- Scrape into the prepared casserole dish and sprinkle the cheese evenly over the top.
- Bake until bubbly and slightly browned, about 30 minutes.