Recipe by Engineer in the Kitchen
I found this recipe on bhg.com. The flavors are excellent. A very satisfying and low-carb dish.
Top Review by corky #2
I loved this dish. It was my first time using curry powder and ginger. It is also the first time I used lamb any other way then putting chops on the grill. I just cut the chops up and used them as directed.
- 1 lb boneless lamb, cut into pieces
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 cup plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 2 1⁄2 lbs spaghetti squash
Directions See How It's Made
- Poke the spaghetti squash using a strong knife and bake in the microwave for 15-20 minutes, depending on size (until temder). Using a fork, separate the squash pulp into strands.
- In a large saucepan brown the meat with onion, celery, and garlic until vegetables are tender. Drain fat.
- Stir in tomato sauce, water, curry powder, ginger, salt, cumin, and pepper. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover; simmer for 1 hour or until lamb is tender.
- Combine yogurt and flour; add to meat mixture. Cook and stir until bubbly; cook and stir 1 minute more.
- To serve, spoon lamb mixture over squash.