Recipe by Terese
This recipe is courtesy of Riki Kaspi a local chef who specialises in Moroccan cuisine. Enjoy! Prep time does not include marinate time.
- 1 kg lamb shoulder
- 4 potatoes, peeled
- 300 g sweet potatoes, peeled
- 10 dried apricots
- moroocan chermoula marinade
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 large brown onion, diced
- 1 cup Italian parsley, stalks included
- 1 cup fresh coriander, stalks included
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- 1 orange, zest of
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 5 cloves
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 red chili (optional) or 1 teaspoon tbsp hot harissa (optional)
- 50 g blanched almonds
- handful coriander leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- In a food procesor process all the Chermoula ingredients to a paste consitency.
- Cut the lamb into large cubes and dice the potato and sweet potato into similar sized pieces.
- Mix all ingredients together with the Chermoula paste and marinade for at least 4 hours or preferably overnight if possible.
- Pre-heat the oven to 150oC.
- Remove the marinated meat from the refrigerator and mix in 1 1/2 cups of water. Place mix in a Tagine or a heavy based large pot and close the lid.
- Cook at 150oC for 3 hours, checking after 2 hours and adding a small amount of water if required.
- Serve garnished with coriander leaves and blanched almonds, on couscous.