1 hr 35 mins
Combine a feast of flavours in this winning recipe for lamb kebabs with garlic sauce and roasted vegetable couscous.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the kebabs
- 1 lb lean ground lamb
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 lemon, zest of, only
- 2 ounces pistachios, roughly chopped
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- olive oil, for brushing
For the garlic and olive sauce
- 7/8 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 garlic cloves, roasted
- 2 ounces mixed pitted black olives or 2 ounces green olives, chopped
- 1/2 bunch fresh mint, roughly chopped
- lemon juice
For the grilled vegetables
- 2 red bell peppers, seeds removed
- 1 eggplant
- 2 zucchini
- 1 red onion, peeled
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cumin seed
- 1 tablespoon coriander seed
- 4 ounces fine green beans, trimmed
- 1 (14 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 garlic cloves
For the couscous
- 1Soak 8 wooden skewers in cold water to prevent burning.
- 2Combine the lamb, onion, garlic, lemon zest and pistachio nuts in a large bowl, season well and chill for 45 minutes.
- 3To make the garlic and olive sauce, combine the yogurt, garlic, olives, mint and lemon juice together and season to taste with freshly ground black pepper.
- 4Refrigerate until needed.
- 5To make the roasted vegetable couscous, preheat the oven to 450°F
- 6Cut the peppers, eggplant and zucchini into chunks of about 2in and cut the onion into wedges.
- 7Place the prepared vegetables into a large roasting tin and toss with the olive oil. Season well and roast for 25-30 minutes.
- 8Meanwhile roughly crush the cumin and coriander seeds in a pestle and mortar.
- 9Add the green beans, garbanzos, garlic and ground spices to the vegetables and cook for a further 10-12 minutes, until all the vegetables are tender.
- 10For the couscous, place the couscous in a large bowl and cover with the boiling water. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- 11Fluff up the couscous with a fork and add the olive oil, lemon zest and juice and half of the cilantro. Season well and toss to combine.
- 12Divide the lamb mixture into 8 and mould around the wooden skewers. Brush with a little olive oil.
- 13Preheat a grill to medium and cook the lamb skewers on both sides for 15-20 minutes.
- 14Spread the couscous out on a large serving dish. Pile the roasted vegetables on top and sprinkle over the remaining cilantro. Top with the lamb kebab, drizzle with a little chili oil (if using) and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lamb and Pistachio Kebabs With Garlic and Olive Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (784 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1008.8
- Calories from Fat 486
- Total Fat 54.0 g
- Saturated Fat 15.2 g
- Cholesterol 83.0 mg
- Sodium 519.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 96.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 18.0 g
- Sugars 11.1 g
- Protein 38.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of